Tools always make great gifts, especially if you know a handyman or dad who is looking to upgrade his collection or add to it. The following are...Read More
When I was pregnant with my son a few years back, I set out to be the most organized First Time Mom that ever was. But let me tell you, things don't always go as...Read More
know that it can be difficult to come up with a great gift idea for some of the most important people in you and your children's lives. As parents, we are appreciative for all that our...Read More
One question that often comes up in a few of the Mommy Facebook groups that I am in is, "What is a good gift for a one-year-old"? Well, after our experience with MANY toys that are geared towards 1-2 year old toddlers, here are...Read More
I'm a HUGE fan of Lorena Canals nursery and playroom rugs - how cute are all of these rugs? I had such a hard time choosing just one for our new baby's nursery. One thing that I...Read More
There are so many wonderful children's books out there, and every child ends up with their own special collection. When it comes to the books that we have for our son, we have many...Read More
We are all guilty of holding onto swimwear for far too long. After a few seasons, swimsuits can become stretched out. The elastic can break down, and you are left with...Read More
I had fun shopping for maternity clothes with my first pregnancy, but this time around, I am looking to step up my maternity wear game. It's such a wonderful and beautiful thing to be...Read More
Meet our first born baby girl. We rescued this four-legged German Shepherd Mix pup just six months after we got married. She has been a part of our life for almost seven years now. She has been a wonderful dog, and super duper tolerant as we...Read More
It's summer time, and here in the Midwest, we love to take advantage of evenings where we can eat outside. There are only a few months out of the year where the temperature is nice enough to...Read More
I am constantly on the lookout for adorable and unique new mommy gear. I have been pinning all things baby lately, and one day, I came across this...Read More
There are SO.MANY. products out there for mom and baby that it is often difficult to sift through all of the options when creating your registry. Some of my...Read More
Amazon Prime Day is here! It is July 11th, and many people have been wondering, "What are the best deals out there on Prime Day?" Well, I have scoped out many of the products...Read More
I have a love-hate relationship with Costco. I love it because they carry so many wonderful brands, but I hate it because they take all my money. Okay fine, I give it to them very willingly. I'm a Costco addict! There is ALWAYS something else that catches my eye if I am running in for "just one thing".
I have grown to love several products that I will purchase at Costco and nowhere else. I feel that the prices and quality of these items cannot be found elsewhere (at least I haven't found them elsewhere!)
1) Fage Greek Yogurt:
1) Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt: No joke, they have the lowest price in town. I go through a lot of Greek yogurt, especially with my new collagen peptide Vital Proteins breakfast routine. I have tried MANY Greek Yogurts, and this flavor profile is by far my favorite.
2) Creamy Almond Butter:
2) Kirkland Signature Creamy Almond Butter: This is one of my daily staples. It is creamy and flavorful, and goes well with many of my favorite foods! I love having Almond Butter on whole wheat toast and then adding a tablespoon to my afternoon collagen whey protein shake.
3) Pulled Chicken:
3) This extremely flavorful chicken is great for anyone short on time for dinner. Thaw, heat, and eat! Pair with a pretzel bun and you have yourself a delicious meal.
4) Rotisserie Chicken:
4) Rotisserie Chicken: I have not been to any other store who can meet the price and quality of a Costco rotisserie chicken. These chickens are delicious served on their own or turned into something more, such as chicken salad or buffalo chicken dip.
5) La Croix:
5) La Croix: We LOVE having a large assortment of La Croix to choose from in our house. We go through a lot of this flavored carbonated water - and my son loves taking sips of our bubbly water!
6) Chili Ingredients:
6) We LOVE making chili, especially in the fall and winter. I stock up on my chili ingredients at Costco. They have canned corn, beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and either ground beef or turkey needed to make a large pot. I buy these ingredients in bulk since we make a pot about once every two weeks. Shopping at Costco helps be to bring down my cost per serving.
7) Tub Of Feta:
7) Tub of Feta: This goes on top of everything! I shock myself with how many uses for feta that I can come up with when I have my tub-o-feta on hand. I am very particular about the taste of my feta cheese - every brand has a slightly different flavor profile. This one, in my opinion, has THE BEST flavor!
8) Quaker Oats: I go through oats faster than anyone I know. I add them to power cereals, overnight oats, smoothies - I'll even blend them into a fine powder and add them to my son's bath once per week. Oats are delicious. They are a whole grain, and perfect for anyone looking to stay trim and full for a longer period of time (compared to consuming refined grains). This 10 lbs box should last you at least a week! Haha.
9) PBfit: Have I died and gone to peanut butter heaven? I recently discovered this product, and I am head-over-heels for it. For the most part, I add the powder to my morning whey protein smoothie, or my overnight oats. Or, I eat it straight out of the jar. It's that good, and the price point is perfect.
10) Pirate's Booty:
10) This is our favorite snack food to have around the house. And we cannot get enough of the low Costco price. The Aged White Cheddar flavor is SO addicting! Yum!
The following post about stylish play mats for your home contains affiliate links, meaning that I receive a small commission from sales resulting from this post. Thanks for reading!
When it comes to play mats, before I had my son I envisioned my house with those primary colored alphabet explosion mats that we all have seen and know. While functional, they certainly take away a bit from your home aesthetic. Many people that I know put these mats in their basement. But this has all changed. With Comfort Design Play Mats, you can now have a stylish play mat for your home, in an area you are often in!
No more hiding in the basement. These mats are gorgeous, and it looks beautiful in our upstairs play space that we have set up for our son. We have the Garden Blossom Play Mat.
This 6.5 foot by 4.5 foot play mat has a soft blush pink design. It is about 1/2 inch thick and is made of comfortable, soft, durable non-toxic foam. Spills are a breeze to wipe up. The best thing is is that this mat is functional and goes fantastically with our decor! His toys are already bright and colorful, the pay mat doesn't need to be as well!
Comfort Design Play Mats has many designs to choose from. You will surely be able to find a design and style that will work with your decor. The days of the bold, primary-colored, alphabet mats are over, and I couldn't be more excited! These mats are an excellent replacement for area rugs in common play areas. They are much easier to clean and have a softer padding for extended floor time.
These mats are also a great area for molding clays and other doughs. And because they do not have interlocking pieces, spills do not seep through to your floor below. All around, Comfort Design Play Mats have been a wonderful addition to our home. You would love them as well!