An Oatmeal Bake Full of Fresh Berries
Rolled oats have got to be one my favorite foods. I will always remember the oatmeal bake that my friend served at brunch a few years back. It was delicious! I decided to make my own version this morning, and a coconut berry drizzle to go with it.
You will need the following for this recipe:
Berry Rich Oatmeal Bake
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Sliced Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Sliced Blackberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Sliced Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Mini Chips
- 1 Egg
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Tablespoons Better Body Foods Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Better Body Foods Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Double Acting Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Water
- 1 Tablespoon Better Body Foods Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Mix of Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
Coconut Chia Berry Glaze:
Once you have all of your ingredients, puree together the milk, banana, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, and Better Body Foods Coconut Palm Sugar. This will ensure that everything is well blended. Mix together the oats and chocolate chips, and then pour the milk mixture over the oats.
Then, grease your 9x13 inch pyrex dish with coconut oil. This will ensure easy release from your pan - a must if you plan to plate this bake.
Spread out the oatmeal mixture, and top with additional fresh berries.
Bake at 350F (using convection oven setting) for 25 minutes.
While your oatmeal bake is in the oven, make the coconut chia berry glaze.
Puree together your coconut water, mixed berries, and chia seeds. Set aside for when your bake is finished.
Once your bake is finished, you should be able to easily cut the bake into squares.
I decided to fully load this bake. I went ahead and topped it with slivered almonds. Lastly, take your coconut chia berry glaze and drizzle over your bake. I can guarantee that your family (or guests if you are hosting a brunch) will devour this recipe!