With my son's obsession with ice cream, which clearly was passed on to him from me, I have started to make a lot more banana soft serve. As it turns out, bananas make an amazing ice cream base!
This fall Pumpkin Spice Banana Soft Serve recipe is sure to bring a smile to those in your family as much as it does to those in mine.
Pumpkin Spice Banana Soft Serve
- 1 Bushel Over-Ripe Bananas
- 1 Box Pumpkin Quick Bread
- 1/3 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Real Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Takes , Serves 4.
- Slice 6-8 ripe bananas and place in a container and freeze. You will need to freeze your bananas for at least 4-5 hours. Overnight is best.
- Bake up your pumpkin spice quick bread in a 9x13 pan, per the directions on the box. Since this is a larger pan than recommended in the instructions, my bake time was only 20 minutes.
- Allow pumpkin spice quick bread to cool, and then slice into small cubes.
- To your blender, add about 1/3 of your banana slices. Add your milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin spice seasoning, and about 1 cup of cubed pumpkin spice quick bread. Blend for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add in another 1/3 of the banana slices and another cup of the pumpkin spice quick bread cubes. Blend until smooth.
- If your blender is large enough, add the reamining frozen banana, another cup of pumpkin spice quick bread cubes, and blend until smooth.
- Top with excess banana and pumpkin spice bread cubes, and serve. Freeze any remaining soft serve in an air tight container.
If you missed my homemade vanilla extract recipe post, be sure to check it out so that you have some of the most flavorful Madagascar vanilla available to bake with this holiday season. The vanilla really brings out the warm brown spice notes of the pumpkin spice quick bread once blended into this soft serve recipe.