A Delicious Holiday Roasted Brussel Sprout Recipe
One of my favorite dishes to make for the holidays is this Roasted Brussel Sprout Recipe with bacon, pomegranate, quinoa, and balsamic glaze. It has all the right delicious flavors blended together to make all of your guests wanting seconds. And, it's easy to make!
This dish has five main ingredients - roasted brussel sprouts, bacon, pomegranate, quinoa, and balsamic glaze.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Bacon And Pomegranate
- 3 Pounds Brussel Sprouts, Cut In Half
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 2 Pounds Cooked Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1 1/2 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Set Oven to 400F. Cut Brussel sprouts in half. Toss halved brussel sprouts in olive oil and salt and roast in oven for 20 minutes, turning once during roasting.
- Cook bacon in oven as well. Make two cups of cooked quinoa. Once bacon is cooked, cut into small pieces.
- Remove seeds from pomegranate and set aside.
- Add your balsamic vinegar to a sauce pan. Add the brown sugar to the balsamic vinegar and boil in a sauce pan for 5 minutes while stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the roasted brussel sprouts, bacon, cooked quinoa, pomegranate seeds, and cooled balsamic glaze.
- Place back into the oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
As you probably know, you can purchase pomegranate seeds that have already been extracted from the fruit. When I saw the $2 price difference, I grabbed the whole fruit and figured that extracting my own would be fine (I have done this several times before). But of course, I was in a huge hurry when I went to make this dish this year, and I had wished I purchased the seeds already extracted!
As you can see from my preparation instructions above, this dish involves individual ingredient prep and then mixing everything together in the end. These roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and pomegranate will surely brighten your holiday table this year! Try them out!