My Go-To Favorite Salad
The below post contains Amazon Affiliate links, meaning that i receive a small commission on sales that result from this post. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog!
I make this tomato, basil, chickpea, and avocado salad year round. It's one of those staple recipes in our house that is in the regular meal rotation every two weeks or so. This salad is protein packed and full of healthier fats (thank you, avocados!). We grow our own tomatoes, so in the late summer and fall, this salad is better than ever. I served this up the other day for lunch with my son along with a sparkling water with lemon and blueberry.
Tomato, Basil, Chickpea, And Avocado Salad
- 1 Can Chick Peas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Carton Cherry Tomatoes (bonus if you have garden tomatoes!)
- 1 Lemon
- 5 Basil Leaves
- Salt And Pepper
Sparkling Water With Lemon And Blueberries
- 1 Can La Croix
- 1 Slice Fresh Lemon
- 5 Blueberries
1) Open can of garbanzo beans - drain and rinse.
2) Wash your tomatoes and slice them in half.
3) Half your avocado, then cube.
4) Mix all ingredients together, and squeeze fresh lemon on your salad. Top with washed basil leaves, and then add salt and pepper to taste.
How easy is that?! You can make simple modifications to this salad as well, such as adding fresh mozzarella cheese. I also will add balsamic vinegar in addition to the fresh lemon.
Do you want to get a set of the stainless steel copper reuable straws that I have pictured? Right this way!