After we moved, I had a difficult time finding my slow-cooker. How does someone lose a slow cooker?! I was craving some super tender, pull-apart pot roast, so I grabbed my yellow dutch oven to carry out the slow-cooking process in my oven.
This yellow dutch oven is one of my favorite wedding registry items, but in eight years of marriage, I never once have used it. How is it a favorite of mine? Well, I just love its yellow color! After using it the other day, I am hooked and will forever use it for roasts.
This recipe is so easy, and one of those foolproof kinds that will make you feel like a slow-roasting master.
Easy Oven Pot Roast With Onions And Carrots
- A Large 2-3 lb cut of Chuck, Shoulder Steak, or Boneless Chuck Roast
- 6 Carrots, Peeled and Cut Into Thirds
- Two White or Yellow Onions, Sliced
- Fresh Sprigs of Thyme and Rosemary
- 1 Can Beef Broth
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water