I have a love-hate relationship with Costco. I love it because they carry so many wonderful brands, but I hate it because they take all my money. Okay fine, I give it to them very willingly. I'm a Costco addict! There is ALWAYS something else that catches my eye if I am running in for "just one thing".
But let's get this straight - no one is really "saving" money by having a Costco membership. Sure, they might have the best deal in town on Fage yogurt, but no one, and I mean no one, stops at just yogurt. If you also sampled the spinach artichoke on pita crackers when you first walked in, I guarantee you now have a gallon of dip in your cart.
However, I have grown to love several products that I will purchase at Costco and no where else. The prices and quality on these items cannot be found elsewhere.
1) Fage Yogurt
1) Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt: No joke, they have the lowest price in town. I go through a lot of Greek yogurt, especially with my new collagen peptide Vital Proteins breakfast routine. I have tried MANY Greek Yogurts, and this flavor profile is by far my favorite.
2) Kirkland Signature Creamy Almond Butter
2) Kirkland Signature Creamy Almond Butter: This is one of my daily staples. It is creamy and flavorful, and goes well with many of my favorite foods! I love having Almond Butter on whole wheat toast and then adding a tablespoon to my afternoon collagen whey protein shake.
3) Nature's Intent Chia Seeds: We add chia to everything! Cereals, oats, smoothies - it is so nice to have such a big bag on hand! Thank you, Nature's Intent!
4) Rotisserie Chicken
4) Rotisserie Chicken: I have not been to any other store who can meet the price and quality of a Costco rotisserie chicken. $4.99 for a giant chicken, which easily feeds a family of 4.
5) La Croix:
5) La Croix: They only sell the lime, which is good with me! (Although, I do wish they did an assortment pack!), but it is good to pick up so that we always have some fizzy water on hand. UPDATE: I was at Costco today, and OMG, they have a variety pack! Amazing!
6) Morning Star Black Bean Chipotle Burgers
6) Morning Star Black Bean Chipotle Burgers: These are great to always have in your freezer - this big box will last you a while, and they are so easy to toss on the grill after work for a quick dinner.
7) President Tub Of Feta
7) President Tub of Feta: This goes on top of the black bean burgers. Who am I kidding? This goes on top of everything! I shock myself with how many uses for feta that I can come up with when I have my tub-o-feta on hand. I am very particular about the taste of my feta cheese - every brand has a slightly different flavor profile. President has THE BEST flavor!
8) Quaker Oats:
8) Quaker Oats: I go through oats faster than anyone I know. I add them to power cereals, overnight oats, smoothies - I'll even blend them into a fine powder and add them to my sons bath once per week. Oats are delicious. They are a whole grain, and perfect for anyone looking to stay trim and full for a longer period of time (compared to consuming refined grains). This 10 lbs box should last you at least a week! Haha.
9) Organic PBfit: Have I died and gone to peanut butter heaven? I recently discovered this product, and I am head-over-heels for it. For the most part, I add the powder to my morning whey protein smoothie, or my overnight oats. Or, I eat it straight out of the jar. It's that good, and the price point is perfect.
10) Path of Life Organic Quinoa and Kale:
10) Path of Life Organic Quinoa and Kale: This is a frozen product that you pop in the microwave and you have a ready-to-eat bowl of whole grains, lightly seasoned with olive oil, garlic, and sea salt. Then, grab your tub-o-feta, and shake on for some extra pizzaz!
Bonus! The following three items also some of our favorites. We might not pick them up every trip, but these are products that should not be passed up!
Bonus #1) Pint Sized Kitchen Reuben Bites:
1) Pint Sized Kitchen Reuben Bites: These are amazing! These mini rye bread bites are filled with uncured corned beef, sauerkraut, and swiss cheese. They are served with a side of thousand island dipping sauce. They bake back in an oven, and are the perfect appetizer or between-meal snack!
Bonus #2) Kirkland Signature Trail Mix
2) Kirkland Signature Trail Mix: My husband loves to toss one of these into his lunch - and they are perfect for that 10 am or 4 pm snack craving that comes in. Sure, they are high in fat, but it's nuts - which has the good kind of fat!
Bonus #3) Kirkland Chocolate Covered Raisins
3) Kirkland Chocolate Covered Raisins: I hate myself when I buy these. But, they are just so good. Take a handful of 10 at a time - each one has 10 calories. Portion control! It always surprise me at how quickly these are consumed......
There you have it! These are my must-haves from Costco. I actually debated giving up my membership last year, but I am glad I have held onto it. I mean, where would I be without my feta and chocolate raisin tubs?!