How To Assemble The Easiest Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Over the weekend, my sister showed me how to make the easiest, most delicious, ice cream cake that ever was. I know that ice cream cake "from scratch" can be very time-consuming. Get ready for one of the most delicious desserts that you will ever make - one that you family will devour!
Step 1) Shop for your ingredients.
First, you will need to go shopping. This recipe calls for only five types of ingredients. You will need two boxes of ice cream sandwiches, one jar of caramel sauce, one jar of chocolate fudge, two tubs of cool whip topping, and two bags of Snappers (milk chocolate peanut butter pretzels).
Ice Cream Sandwich Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 2 Boxes Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 Jar Caramel Sauce
- 1 Jar Chocolate Sauce
- 2 Tubs Whipped Topping
- 2 Bags Snappers (Pretzels & Chocolate to use as topping)
Takes , Serves 8.
- Shop for your ingredients.
- Lay the first layer of sandwiches in a pyrex dish.
- Pour entire jar of caramel sauce on top of the first layer and spread.
- Add the second layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Pour the entire jar of chocolate sauce on top of the second layer of sandwiches, and spread. The chocolate sauce may need a few seconds of heating in the microwave in order to thin it out a bit.
- Add a thick layer of whipped topping and spread until smooth.
- Dice the pretzel snappers, and then sprinkle all over the top of your ice cream cake.
- Freeze overnight if you have the time. Otherwise, freeze for four hours prior to serving. Allow to thaw for several minutes before cutting.
Step 2) Lay the first layer of sandwiches in your 9x13 Pyrex pan.
Step 3) Pour the entire jar of caramel on top of your first sandwich layer. Smooth with a spoon.
Step 4) Add a second layer of ice cream sandwiches on top of the caramel layer.
Step 5) Heat hot fudge slightly if needed. Pour onto top sandwich layer and smooth out.
Step 6) Put on a thick layer of cool whip topping. Smooth with a spoon or spatula.
Step 7) Chop up Snapper pretzel topping. Add chopped crumbles evenly to the top of the cool whip.
Step 8) Freeze for a minimum of three hours. If frozen over night, allow to thaw for several minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
Do not worry about creating perfect layers when layering your ice cream sandwich ice cream cake. Everything will meld together nicely. The end result will be nothing short of AMAZING!